git smart http for busybox repo

Michael Conrad mconrad at intellitree.com
Mon Apr 13 17:55:40 UTC 2020

On 4/13/2020 11:31 AM, Eli Schwartz wrote:
> by attempting to demonize the request as an attack from people demanding
> a workflow change from mailing lists and git to "mandatory github
> webflow omg so smart".

I think he was serious, actually.  A rare case of needing to turn *off*
your sarcasm filter, maybe?

FWIW, GitLab is available for free to run on your own infrastructure,
and if you run it in a docker container behind Traefik, it gets an
automatic LetsEncrypt SSL certificate.  It's amazingly easy to buy a
$10/mo Linode or Digital Ocean Droplet and have a full-featured source
repository website in the space of a Saturday afternoon.  (you can get
it working on a $5/mo VM if you replace systemd with busybox service
management)

I am not suggesting that this project change workflow at all, I just
want to bring these "current events" to everyone's attention, to help
put wdlkmpx's comments into perspective.

-Mike C