git smart http for busybox repo

Tito farmatito at tiscali.it
Mon Apr 13 16:12:55 UTC 2020

On 4/13/20 5:04 PM, wdlkmpx wrote:
> busybox should be moved to github or gitlab, that's really smart http
>
> But tracker + git repo + releases + pull requests. As complete as it gets.
>
> No need to send patches through email, even people who don't have git
> installed can use the web site to edit files and open pull requests.
>
> It's just too smart.

Hi,
please don't do that, patches by email is the best an easiest system ever.
Github and gitlab get so much in my way that I need ten times the time to do
even the simplest things.
Putting your source code on some other entities' computer is not that
smart, tomorrow they change their mind or their policy or simply they don't
like your face and they flip the switch and all the fantastic facilities are gone,
and last but not least this platforms allow to better control you.

The only thing I like about git is git pull to update my local tree.

Just my 0,2 cents

Ciao,
Tito