ARM cross-compilation failure

Daniel Johnston djohnston3412 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 17:47:04 UTC 2019

Trying to cross-compile busybox to run as a standalone executable on
Android (armeabi-v7a - api 19 if that matters). Compiling on 64 bit ubuntu.
Did:
export PATH=/path/to/toolchain/bin:$PATH

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-eabi- android_defconfig

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-eabi- menuconfig

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-eabi-

Getting error: fatal error:
/system/core/include/arch/linux-arm/AndroidConfig.h: No such file or
directory
scripts/Makefile.build:197: recipe for target 'applets/applets.o' failed

I've apt installed all linux dependencies (that I'm aware of), I've tried
two different toolchains, and I've tried running the above commands without
"ARCH=arm" since you don't use it in your FAQ "How do I build Busybox with
a cross-compiler?" section.

Google search for the error and missing file shows AOSP source code and
little else. Searching the mailing list archives for "AndroidConfig.h"
yields a few results mentioning that this file is no longer necessary???
Can't seem to find anyone else that's run into the same problem.

Any guidance?
(and thank you for all your hard work!)