I cannot find latest binaries file(.exe file) of BusyBox

Laurent Bercot ska-dietlibc at skarnet.org
Thu May 2 16:02:28 UTC 2019

>If it was built with dynamically linked glibc, though, would it really
>matter? busybox has no external dependencies other than, if dynlinked, a
>couple of standard support libraries (libc, libm, libresolv, libcrypt),
>so it should still work everywhere that has a more recent version of
>glibc than its build environment (and people who build redistributable
>binaries usually use the oldest glibc they can lay hands on, for exactly
>this reason).

And that is a bigger and bigger requirement, because glibc is less
and less ubiquitous. Having a busybox binary that's independent from
glibc is interesting per se because its uses are not limited to
environments that do provide glibc. And there are more and more
distributions, even doing non-embedded, that do not use glibc - and
there are even cases where it makes sense to run them in WSL.
And there are also cases where it makes sense not to want to rely on
the official prebuilt busybox binary.

I'm not commenting on the rest of the discussion, because I have
zero horses in the race, but I wanted to underline this point. Do
not make judgments on other people's use cases.

--
Laurent