Libraries m and resolv missing at the first compilation

Sarah Wicker S.Wicker at PRIMES.de
Thu Nov 15 08:49:05 UTC 2018

Good Morning,
i am trying to build busybox but i encounter a library problem:
"
AR         util-linux/volume_id/lib.a
LINK     busybox_unstripped
Trying libraries: crypt m resolv
Library crypt is not needed, exclude it
Library m is not needed, can't exclude it (yet)
Library resolv is not needed, can't exclude it (yet)
Library m is not needed, can't exclude it (yet)
Library resolv is not needed, can't exclude it (yet)
Final link with: m resolv
DOC      busybox.pod
DOC      busybox.txt
DOC      busybox.l
DOC      busybox.html
"
At the end oft he last DOC busybox.html i get the command back and when i make make install it goes through but i got at the end the message
"You will propably needd to make your busybox binary setuid root to ensure all configured applets will work properly"

But no error message are printed and the folder _install is created with the folder bin, sbin, usr and the linuxrc file present inside

Can someone explain what are the library m and resolv needed for? I found on some webpage that they were part oft he libsepol and libselinux package, i checked and installed them (as libsepol1 and libselinux1 imagine this are the newest version)

For the os i am using a virtual machine with Debian9.5.0 the Host pc is a windows10 x64. For Debian my Cross_compiler is arm-linux-gnueabi-  8package gcc_7.3.0-nolibc) and the verion of busybox is busybox-1.29.3
The goal is to create an minimal linux, i am following this tutorial : https://revcode.wordpress.com/2012/02/25/booting-a-minimal-busybox-based-linux-distro/
But i have some trouble after so i thought that maybe the problem is coming from this part.

If some of you have an idea?
Thank you in advance for your help

Sarah Wicker