Question: Finding libraries that are required for busybox??

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at guam.net
Mon Jun 25 19:01:56 UTC 2018

Ran into a problem when trying to clean up libraries that were not needed
within my project.

Had done an ldd command on all programs and libraries, and created a list.
A number of libraries I had in project were not linked to any programs or
other libraries. Rebuilt project, and most things seemed to work just fine, but
then found one that did not.

Using busybox nslookup failed due to one of the libraries I had removed not
being there? libnss_dns and libnss_files. ldd busybox doesn't report these
libraries are used? Once I put those libraries back, the nslookup resolves.

Is there a way to find if there are any other such required libraries rather than
having to find an issue at run time?

 Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor (Retired)
 mailto:mikes at guam.net
 mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
 Guam - Where America's Day Begins
 G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS

ROSETTA      65587495.678649 | ABC          16613838.513356
SETI        109399756.726799 | EINSTEIN    141174224.499240