Unexpected directory listing line connecting to a BusyBox device

Mattias Schlenker ms at mattiasschlenker.de
Mon Jun 11 08:18:23 UTC 2018

Am 10.06.2018 um 19:18 schrieb Marco Usai:
> Hello to the whole BusyBox Community!
>
> I have a Zyxel AMG1312-T10B device with the latest firmware version
> that is using BusyBox 1.0 and Dropbear sshd0.52( uname –a command
> shows: Linux ZyXEL 2.6.22.15 #37 SMP Mon Dec 19 19:09:06 CST 2016 mips
> unknown)
>
> If I try to connect to this device using the latest WinScp version
> using scp protocols, I receive the following error:
>
> Error listing directory ‘/’.
> Unexpected directory listing line 'drwxr-xr-x12 00156 .'.
>
> If I try to connect to this device using the latest SecureFX client
> using scp protocols, I can only list symlink under /
>
> With both clients above and FlashFXP using ftp I receive an error that
> prevent listing of directory content.
>
> I have no problem accessing the device with putty
> Any suggestion is welcomed. Thank You.

Hi Marco,

what is your man objective? Putting files to this special device or
improving buybox' compatibility with tools that expect a more GNUish
behaviour?

If you just want to put files to the router, do it with a bit of cat's
help, if you do not have a Unix like system handy, run Ubuntu live in a
virtual machine or install Microsofts Linux environment for Windows 10:

cat local.file | ssh root at zyxel "cat > /remote.file"

(it might work with less cats) or a whole folder with tar:

tar cvf - folder | ssh root at zyxel "tar xvf -"

If you want to improve busybox' compatibility, please test if the
mentioned behaviour still exists with the latest stable version of
busybox - version 1.0 might be a few years old.

Regards,
Mattias

--
Mattias Schlenker - Freier IT-Fachredakteur und -autor
redaktion at mattiasschlenker.de

Mattias Schlenker - IT-Consulting, Softwareentwicklung
consulting at mattiasschlenker.de

August-Bebel-Str. 74 - D-04275 LEIPZIG - GERMANY
Phone: +49 341 39290767 - Fax: +49 341 25365955
Mobile (primary): +49 163 6953657
Mobile (secondary): +49 178 2323141
VATIN DE240998538

https://github.com/mschlenker