no keyboard input with 1.28.0

daggs daggs at gmx.com
Mon Feb 12 14:27:55 UTC 2018

Greetings,

I have a small image based on kernel 4.14.2 and musl 1.1.18 which uses a nice gentoo based fbcondecor for some ui.
the image uses busybox 1.22.1, I've decided to bump it to 1.28.0 and I have no keyboard at all.
when I try to echo anything to screen into /dev/tty or /dev/console (connected via netcat), when I try to echo to them, I get this:
sh: can't open '/dev/tty': No such device or address
sh: can't open '/dev/console': No such device
but when I list them I do see them, see:
ls -l /dev/console /dev/tty
crw-rw----    1 root     root        5,   1 Feb 12 13:36 /dev/console
crw-rw----    1 root     root        5,   0 Feb 12 13:36 /dev/tty

my config is this: https://pastebin.com/bSzXLQDt