Need help building Busybox single applet

David Terry david.terry.fb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 10:32:50 UTC 2017

I'm looking to build a lightweight tar binary for using in my custom
recovery as it doesn't support large tar files (<2GB).

The busybox version in my cwm recovery is 1.20.1 and it doesn't support
large files, so I'm looking to build a lightweight tar binary to use in my
ramdisk.

The recovery size is limited to 6MB, so there is no option in my knowledge
to update the busybox with a newer version in the recovery itself.

I currently tested replacing the hard-linked tar binary with adb shell and
it worked like a charm but I'm looking to replace it in the ramdisk, so I
don't have to replace it every time I'm going to restore my backup.

And what is the use of binaries in this directory:
https://busybox.net/downloads/binaries/1.27.1-i686/

Can I use them as a standalone binary?

Best regards,
David