ifplugd shell script not working
vshrirama at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 14:49:47 UTC 2017
1. ifplugd is a command which accepts a shell script as an argument.
2. if the link is up/down. It is supposed to invoke the shell script.
3. The code does a vfork and exec (2) system call.
4. I find that vfork is successful. However exec on a shell script
(with executable permissions does) not work.
5. I get the error code as 2. which is no such file. I have given
absolute pathname as well.
6. Is there a problem on arm system to use exec(2) on a shell script.
# busybox ifplugd -nI
ifplugd(eth0): started: BusyBox v1.27.0.git (2017-01-31 17:58:49 IST)
ifplugd(eth0): using SIOCETHTOOL detection mode
ifplugd(eth0): link is up
ifplugd(eth0): executing '/etc/ifplugd/ifplugd.action eth0 up' (<<<
This is just a print before calling vfork and exec >>>)
ifplugd(eth0): exit code: 255
More information about the busybox