SSL/TLS client command line API?

Lauri Kasanen curaga at operamail.com
Fri Jan 20 09:35:59 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017, at 16:17, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> So far bbox is completely SSL/TLS-illiterate. wget can't talk
> HTTPS. sendmail groks neither smtps not STARTTLS command. nc can't
> do TLS either.
> Do you know a tool whose command line is suitable for us?

Don't know of any, but this seems to be a reasonably common need. About
a year ago, I needed almost the same thing, "do the SSL magic for me and
let me handle the raw protocol" in a curl-using app, but curl did not
have such a mode, and no plans to add it. Their reply was "do it
manually using openssl", which pushed it down on the interesting-things-
list and so didn't get done.

- Lauri

--
http://www.fastmail.com - mmm... Fastmail...