mounting errors

David Henderson dhenderson at digital-pipe.com
Thu Feb 23 13:54:25 UTC 2017

Thanks for the continued help everyone!  After doing some more trial
and error, it looks like when using ext3, these messages are not shown
at all.  And when using ext2, only the following message is shown:

EXT4-fs (sde2): couldn't mount as ext3 due to feature incompatibilities

Unfortunately I can not specify the file system as there is no way to
know what the user will have selected as the file system (e.g. ext*,
vfat, or ntfs).  I have to use the auto-probe, but want to get rid of
these messages since they are not only an annoyance, but also users
may think something is wrong when it isn't.  Additionally, I'm not
sure why this occurs in one OS and not another.

Is there a better way to permanently resolve this problem without
having to constantly use 'dmesg -n 2'?

Thanks,
Dave