BusyBox built-in shell (ash)

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Sun Dec 3 07:23:43 UTC 2017

Hi Alex,

On Fri, Dec 01, 2017 at 03:17:39PM +0000, A.W.C. wrote:
> But I already have directories /dev, /proc, /sys, /tmp
> If I'll make these new dir for TinyCross they will replace existing ones?
>
> mkdir -p /proc
> mkdir -p /sys
> mkdir -p /tmp
> mkdir -p /var/log
>
> Basically, I want mount root partition, its located on /dev/mtd4. In my
> specific case I need manually mount a few partitions only required for this
> task, correct?
> Then mount root
>
> mount /dev/mtd4 /mnt/root

You must specify the type of the filesystem when mounting raw MTD filesystems.
This is probably jffs2 in your case, though it might also be ubifs. In case of
ubifs you also need to "attach" the ubi volume before you mount it.

> Please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> How to exit from busybox shell properly? Command 'exit' produces Kernel panic.

This is expected behaviour. The kernel panics when PID 1, your shell, exits.
The common implementation is to exec the rootfs init from the initramfs init
script.

baruch