Busybox in Debian

Mattias Schlenker ms at mattiasschlenker.de
Mon Aug 14 14:54:26 UTC 2017

Am 14.08.2017 um 16:42 schrieb Denys Vlasenko:
> If you want "resume" and "ipconfig" in bbox, I can do that.

The weird thing with Debian is that any package can add scripts to the
initramfs and call an initramfs update after installation. This
perfectly makes sense for tools that manage RAIDs or special
filesystems. Thus I guess properly updating busybox in Debian and
testing it with a "normal" hard drive installed system and the installer
won't be such a big deal. But afterwards packages have to be identified
that rely on certain commands in the initramfs and those have to be
checked or adjusted as well.

Regards,
Mattias

--
Mattias Schlenker - Freier IT-Fachredakteur und -autor
redaktion at mattiasschlenker.de

Mattias Schlenker - IT-Consulting, Softwareentwicklung
consulting at mattiasschlenker.de

August-Bebel-Str. 74 - D-04275 LEIPZIG - GERMANY
Phone: +49 341 39290767 - Fax: +49 341 25365955
Mobile (primary): +49 163 6953657
Mobile (secondary): +49 163 1848610
VATIN DE240998538

https://github.com/mschlenker