dhcp with /etc/network/interfaces

David Henderson dhenderson at digital-pipe.com
Mon Sep 26 19:32:40 UTC 2016

On 9/26/16, Denys Vlasenko <vda.linux at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 5:51 PM, David Henderson
> <dhenderson at digital-pipe.com> wrote:
>> Just following up with this...
>
> You have some sort of problem on your system, but you refuse to provide
> strace log of the problematic ifup invocation.
>
> If you don't want to provide information which can help in diagnosing
> the situation, it's fine. But stop nagging me.

That's incorrect.  Once it has been installed on the device, I have
provided all information returned by strace.  I'm actually not even
aware of what you're talking about in this thread.  I'm following up
with this question:

So can I perform my own methods via the scripts to prevent BB from
attempting its own 'udhcpc' calls?  I don't want duplicate calls to
the same DHCP server.

What does that have to do with strace?

Thanks,
Dave