additional ifupdown problems

David Henderson dhenderson at digital-pipe.com
Tue Sep 20 15:40:22 UTC 2016

That's what my research has yielded as well, however, it doesn't
appear that /var/run/ifstate is getting written to.  I check the
ownership/permissions of the file:

root:root 644

I since changed it to mimic yours and attempted an 'ifup' again - no
luck, same message.  I then tried adding the 'eth0=eth0' to the file
and calling 'ifdown eth0' which worked like a charm.  So it appears
that the problem lies with 'ifup'?  Also, the 'ifstate' file is
dynamically being created during the boot cycle (most likely by the
'ifup -a' call during boot), so I'm assuming the file ownership and
permissions are getting set there.

Thanks,
Dave