dhcp with /etc/network/interfaces

Martin Townsend mtownsend1973 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 14:44:47 UTC 2016

Hi David,

I've had a quick look through the ifupdown code what DHCP binary gets
called and with what parameters is specific to how you've configured
busybox.
If you have the full version of ps you may be able to see the full
command line using ps aux.  Maybe the busybox version will show this
information as well.
Another way which would be hard to capture is
cat /proc/pid/cmdline
but the problem is obtaining pid and then performing the cat command.
If you kick off the DHCP without a network cable plugged in, the
process should hang around a whilst it's sending it's DISCOVER
messages.

If this fails I would try and get strace on the board.  Can't you run
udhcpc/dhclient with the board connected to a network with a DHCP
server? USB Memory Stick?

-Martin.