Current git HEAD busybox segfaults on some applets

Lauri Kasanen curaga at operamail.com
Fri Sep 16 17:09:38 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016, at 19:41, Rich Felker wrote:
> More to the point, they're unnecessary and unsafe. The *_unlocked
> functions are not well-specified, and except for getc/putc, they're
> not going to yield you any performance benefits anyway.

They were originally added because of my request, and they most
certainly do provide performance benefit (on glibc). The original case
was bb
modprobe being a lot slower than modutils modprobe, googling the
archives for those should give you the numbers.

- Lauri

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Or how I learned to stop worrying and
                          love email again