Altscreens for less and more

Jeremy Chadwick jdc at koitsu.org
Mon Sep 5 07:15:17 UTC 2016

"Altscreen" refers to an xterm terminal capability.  Not all terminal
types support this, not to mention not all people want this.  Details
per Thomas Dickey (re: xterm):
http://invisible-island.net/xterm/ctlseqs/ctlseqs.html#h2-The-Alternate-Screen-Buffer

In my PuTTY profiles, I intentionally disable the capability.  As
stated, others dislike it too:
http://www.shallowsky.com/linux/noaltscreen.html

Hope this answers this question.

--