copying multiple files

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 21:40:20 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-21, David Henderson <dhenderson at digital-pipe.com> wrote:
> Good afternoon.  I have several files in two different directories
> that I'm trying to copy in a destination using:
>
> cp -f /tmp/test/{a.txt,b.txt,c.txt} /tmp/test2/{1.txt,2.txt,3.txt} /tmp/dest
>
> This keeps failing.  Is this implemented in BB?

Try this:

   $ busybox ash
   ~ $ echo /tmp/test/{a.txt,b.txt,c.txt}
   /tmp/test/{a.txt,b.txt,c.txt}

It appears that the busybox shell does not implement bash/C shell
alternation (aka "brace expansion").  None of the busybox builds I
have on hand do anyway, and I don't see any options in the config file
to enable such a feature...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Is this sexual
                                  at               intercourse yet??  Is it,