Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found

Mattias Schlenker ms at mattiasschlenker.de
Tue Nov 1 15:00:30 UTC 2016

Am 01.11.2016 um 15:15 schrieb Vered Zvi:
> Hello,
>
> Where should I run:
> chroot /bin/busybox ?
>
> under the host PC ?

Yes, under the host PC. I assume, host PC and target architecture for
initramfs are the same architecture, busybox is installed with all
necessary symlinks and the files are all residing in some directory
"/path/to/initramfs", then you execute

chroot /path/to/initramfs /bin/busybox

and probably afterwards:

chroot /path/to/initramfs /bin/ash

To get a shell in the initramfs and look around there. If the host and the initramfs target are same architecture, but host is 64 bit and initramfs is 32 bit, you want to use:

linux32 chroot /path/to/initramfs /bin/busybox

Regards,
Mattias

--
Mattias Schlenker - Freier IT-Fachredakteur und -autor
                              redaktion at mattiasschlenker.de
Mattias Schlenker - IT-Consulting, Softwareentwicklung
                             consulting at mattiasschlenker.de

Address__ August-Bebel-Str. 74 - D-04275 LEIPZIG - GERMANY
Phone: +49 341 39290767              Fax: +49 341 30393578
Mobile: +49 163  6953657  Another mobile: +49 159 03160327

Fork me!____________________ https://github.com/mschlenker
Website.__________________ http://www.mattiasschlenker.de/
My books!___________ http://www.arduino-hausautomation.de/