way to refresh crond

David Henderson dhenderson at digital-pipe.com
Tue Jan 26 13:52:31 UTC 2016

Good morning all!  Thanks for the response Isaac!  What I've found in
my experiences is that you actually have to restart the cron daemon
for changes to the system time to be picked up.  With that said, I'm
trying to 'refresh' cron without having to actually terminate and
restart it.  I'd rather not have to implement dirty hacks, but a
proper way of doing so.  IIRC, usually a SIGHUP sent to the process
accomplishes this task, but it doesn't appear to be the case with BB
crond.  Any further help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave