cron usage

Tito farmatito at tiscali.it
Fri Jan 8 20:09:55 UTC 2016

On 01/08/2016 08:07 PM, David Henderson wrote:
> Is anyone is this list anymore?
>

> On 1/8/16, David Henderson <dhenderson at digital-pipe.com> wrote:
>> I haven't seen any evidence of this, but do I need to create an
>> /etc/crontab config file?  I'm looking at my Debian system and it
>> doesn't have anything in theres to process the cron.d directory
>> contents, only cron.hourly, cron.monthly, etc...
>>
>> Dave
>>

>> On 1/8/16, David Henderson <dhenderson at digital-pipe.com> wrote:
>>> Good morning, are there any BB developers that monitor this list to
>>> offer help?  Is there another place that I can get this issue
>>> resolved?
>>>
>>> I have made sure that the ownership of the cron.d folder are both root
>>> and carries 775 permissions.  I've also made sure the files contained
>>> within are also owned by root and also have a 775 permission set.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Dave

Hi,

//config:	help
//config:	  Crond is a background daemon that parses individual crontab
//config:	  files and executes commands on behalf of the users in question.
//config:	  This is a port of dcron from slackware. It uses files of the
//config:	  format /var/spool/cron/crontabs/<username> files, for example:
//config:	      $ cat /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
//config:	      # Run daily cron jobs at 4:40 every day:
//config:	      40 4 * * * /etc/cron/daily > /dev/null 2>&1

Ciao,
Tito