case passthru

David Henderson dhenderson at digital-pipe.com
Thu Feb 18 16:04:29 UTC 2016

Good morning everyone, I am working with a shell script (#!/bin/sh)
that utilizes a case statement to implement updates:

case "$(cat /tmp/md5.txt)" in
    '123456')
        ...implement updates for this particular version...
        ;;
    '234567')
        ...implement updates for this particular version...
        ;;
esac

Using this syntax, I would have to reboot several times in order for
all consecutive patches to be implemented.  In bash I can use ;&
instead of ;; to allow for continuing from one match to all that
follow, but I can't figure it out with the BB shell.  I've tried
omitting the ;; characters, but that doesn't work either.  Any info
would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave