why are init's arguments wiped ?

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Mon Feb 1 05:21:00 UTC 2016

On 29 Jan 2016 21:10, Laurent Bercot wrote:
> On 29/01/2016 17:50, Nicolas CARRIER wrote:
> > I quite agree with dietmar, concerning uglyness...
>
>   <shrug> That doesn't change the fact that it's the behaviour of every
> init binary since 1970 and that you should come with a better reason if
> you want to change it, especially since it's so easy to accomplish what
> you want with a little workaround.

not really.  his proposal makes busybox smaller.  the only reason given
for making busybox larger is "it makes `ps` 'nicer'".  if there's no real
technical reason for it and nothing is impacted, then shrinking busybox
is a no brainer.  at the very least, it makes sense to make it a config
option that defaults to off.

this was first changed here, but not really documented:
https://git.busybox.net/busybox/commit/?id=e132f4b09e5c9aedaef97f65279e8702633fd425
-mike