NOFORK and NOEXEC without PREFER_APPLETS

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 19 08:53:09 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 10:58 AM, Bruno Chevalier
<bmgg.chevalier at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tested if the disentangled features showed the required behavior.
> The NOFORK trick works as needed now, but the NOEXEC trick does not behave
> as needed in the proposed scenario.
>
> I have attached a patch that shows the required behavior by introducing a
> new feature.
> Is there a possibility of getting this feature upstream?

I don't understand what you are trying to achieve by this code.
If executable can be found in PATH, what are the benefits from
not running it but running an applet?

This can be confusing to the user.

> If not, what are the requirements that need to be fulfilled before a new
> feature can be added to busybox?
> Also, are there any changes that can make this code better?

Writing in the same coding style as the surrounding code would be a start.
Not using huge static data arrays.

# define IF_FEATURE_SH_STANDALONE_OR_FEATURE_SH_PATH_BEFORE_NOEXEC(...)

Definitely can be shorter.