Parallel make bug in busybox

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Wed Aug 17 15:18:54 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-08-15 at 08:17 +0200, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the slow response, I've been away during the weekend. I see
> Denys has committed a fix, so that's great!
>
>  >> http://autobuild.buildroot.org/?reason=busybox-1.25.0
>  >> http://autobuild.buildroot.org/?reason=busybox-1.24.1

I think this fixes the reproducer I reported but perhaps not the
failure we saw which I haven't as yet been able to reproduce at will.

>  > I assume you run builds with parallel make (-j X) enabled?
>
> Yes. If you click on the 'end log' links you can see the exact
> invocation. Most of our autobuilders afaik use -j4.

Thanks. FWIW we're running values of more like 12 or higher on our
systems (48 locally to find bugs like this) so that might explain why
we hit these more often.

Cheers,

Richard