3/4: new applet ubiscanvol

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 3 18:29:13 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 8:53 AM, Sven Eisenberg (novero/Bochum) <
Sven.Eisenberg at novero.com> wrote:

> Here i implemented a solution for a very specific problem i had to deal
> with. So I’m not sure wether it makes sence to include it in busybox.

On my machine, mtd-utils-ubi package installs the following binaries

/usr/sbin/ubiattach
/usr/sbin/ubicrc32
/usr/sbin/ubidetach
/usr/sbin/ubiformat
/usr/sbin/ubimkvol
/usr/sbin/ubinfo
/usr/sbin/ubinize
/usr/sbin/ubirename
/usr/sbin/ubirmvol
/usr/sbin/ubirsvol
/usr/sbin/ubiupdatevol

The point of adding utilities to busybox is to make "small Unix" machines
compatible
with "big" ones, so that the same scripts work on both.

If you feel such "ubiscanvol" tool is useful, propose it to upstream project
.
It ought to be useful on "big" machines too, right?