syslogd logging

Mike Dean mdean at emacinc.com
Thu Nov 12 18:37:53 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to get system logging to work the way we'd like it to work for
our embedded Linux distribution.  I'm hoping to make it log to the buffer
and to the filesystem simultaneously, allowing our customers to use logread
or look through /var/log/, at their option, without changing any
configuration settings.  I can't seem to get Busybox to log to both
simultaneously.  Can this be configured somehow?

Additionally, I'd like to also be able to configure syslogd to log to a
remote syslog server without losing this local logging and buffering.  Is
this possible?

Thank you,
Mike Dean

System Engineer