Can tar cf but can't tar xf

Eugene Rudoy gene.devel at gmail.com
Mon May 25 17:43:44 UTC 2015

Hi Matt,

this is because of 28dd64a0e1a9cffcde7799f2849b66c0e16bb9cc [1].

As has been pointed out in [2] at least the following two commits need
to be merged to 1_22_stable: b664f740d90880560ce46b11f766625341342e80
[3] and 640ce3de07807133796bccd0bdfa146bbfc788c7 [4].

With 1_22_stable in its current state you cannot untar
_non-compressed_ tarballs if one of the following features
(FEATURE_SEAMLESS_GZ, FEATURE_SEAMLESS_BZ2, FEATURE_SEAMLESS_XZ) is
enabled.

Brgds,
Gene

[1] http://git.busybox.net/busybox/commit/?h=1_22_stable&id=28dd64a0e1a9cffcde7799f2849b66c0e16bb9cc