[OT] long-lived spawners

Laurent Bercot ska-dietlibc at skarnet.org
Thu Mar 12 19:57:00 UTC 2015

On 12/03/2015 20:07, Harald Becker wrote:
> Don't you risk resource problems for hotplug handler processes, when
> the system is under such pressure?

  No and that's my point. If you don't have swap, it's likely that
your box is embedded and you won't spend your life plugging and
unplugging USB sticks, so after the first coldplug burst, the
pressure will be pretty small.

> ... by I think, Denys meant big
> monolithic daemons, e.g udevd, when he talked about long lived
> daemons, not of small service starter daemons.

  Give Denys a little more credit. He knows what small software is,
and I'm sure he wasn't thinking about behemoths like udevd.

--
  Laurent