RFD: Rework/extending functionality of mdev

Michael Conrad mconrad at intellitree.com
Thu Mar 12 18:38:59 UTC 2015

The question I was asking was only about this:

On 3/12/2015 12:04 PM, Harald Becker wrote:
> but that one will only work when you either use the kernel hotplug
> helper mechanism, or the netlink approach. You drop out those who
> can't / doesn't want to use either.

...which I really do think could be answered in one paragraph :-) If the
netlink socket is the "right way" to solve the forkbomb problem that
happens with hotplug helpers, then why would anyone want to solve it the
wrong way?  I don't understand the need.

-Mike