Update busy box on an Embedded system ?

Alexis Guilloteau guilloteau at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 09:58:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am currently working on a sbc6000x board with linux 2.6.24 and Busybox
1.4.2.
I want to use the Telnet deamon on the board but everytime i try to connect
from my other computer (ubuntu) the connection close (by foreign host).
I already tried to modify the hosts.allow to allow the all connection from
the ip of my computer but it change nothing. telnetd is enabled in my
inetd.conf file in /etc.
After some research i saw that telnetd is likely to close when the root
don't have a password (which is the case right now) but sadly the busybox i
have don't have login/adduser or any kind of passwd related command.
I know how to install the last busybox and configure it (make menu config
then make...) on my ubuntu but i have no idea on how to do it on my
Embedded system.

Kind regards.