mdev and usb device node creation

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Tue Mar 10 21:48:13 UTC 2015

Hi Dallas !

 > I am using an older version of busybox (1.7.0) with a newer linux
 > kernel (3.10) and trying to get it to discover and dynamically create
 > usb device nodes underneath /dev/bus/usb.  This doesn't seem to work
 > when I execute mdev with the -s option.

And were is the rest of your setup? What matching entries in
/etc/mdev.conf belong to your concern?

> Can someone please tell me if this capability is supported in newer
> versions of busybox?

mdev -s scans the sys file system for devices and setup the /dev
entries. If you want dynamic setup you should use the hotplug feature,
but the device node handling of both depend on the entries in
/etc/mdev.conf. So what happens and when, what is wrong in your eyes?
May be you just need to enter your correct device setup.

--
Harald