ntpd daemon

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sun Mar 1 13:04:29 UTC 2015

Hi,

when I run the daemon with the following option, does it still accept
the PEER parameter properly to function as a client as well as server?

-l      Run as server on port 123

The code is bit too complex, so I could not yet get my head around to it.

The reason why I am asking this because I am unsure whether I ought to
run two instances if I want to get my board to function as a server as
well a client to a remote ntpd server.

I have wasted some time on it, so perhaps if the case is that it could
be a server and a client simultaneously with the -l option, a short
extension could be made to the usage documentation?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers, L.