The state of the bug tracker

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 07:53:41 UTC 2015

On July 6, 2015 10:03:11 PM GMT+02:00, Jacob Wahlgren <jacob.wahlgren at gmail.com> wrote:
>This is the first open source project I've started trying to contribute
>
>to. I'm going through the entries in the bug tracker, and submitted my
>first patch to this list yesterday :). The tracker is quite a mess
>though.
>
>My browser could not verify the certificate to start off with. This
>doesn't make me keen on signing up and posting comments.

I'm waiting for letsencrypt to boot, maybe I manage to get certificates there for our project sites.

Didn't manage to get certificates from godaddy:
---
What we recognize for open source is registration with an established repository, such as GitHub, Bitbucket or Source Forge.
---
And I couldn't change their mind, which is a pity. They are said to be open source friendly, after all.

If you want to help pursuing this:

Subject: Re: Update [Incident ID: 25342879] - Free 1-year Turbo SSL Certificate

> From https://bugs.busybox.net/describecomponents.cgi
>> This is a test product. This ought to be blown away and replaced with
>
>real stuff in a finished installation of bugzilla.
>This tells me no one ever finished setting the tracker up, despite the
>fact that it's been around for at least six years.

Every now and then its handy not to clutter real projects.
I prefer to keep it but adjusted the description, fwiw.

>Should I be using the bug tracker or is there any other place I should
>look at?

The bugzilla is the right place, yes.

Thanks!