The state of the bug tracker

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sun Dec 13 05:00:10 UTC 2015

On 06 Jul 2015 22:03, Jacob Wahlgren wrote:
> This is the first open source project I've started trying to contribute
> to. I'm going through the entries in the bug tracker, and submitted my
> first patch to this list yesterday :). The tracker is quite a mess though.
>
> My browser could not verify the certificate to start off with. This
> doesn't make me keen on signing up and posting comments.

now that let's encrypt has gone live, the server has been updated with
real certs

>  From https://bugs.busybox.net/describecomponents.cgi
>  > This is a test product. This ought to be blown away and replaced with
> real stuff in a finished installation of bugzilla.
> This tells me no one ever finished setting the tracker up, despite the
> fact that it's been around for at least six years.

it was finished, but that product was left in place for when bugzilla
itself was updated.  this way we had a space to create garbage bugs to
test behavior w/out messing with real ones.

that said, i've polished the description now so it should be less confusing
-mike