Seg-fault with busybox

Anshul er.anshul.maheshwari at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 07:16:30 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am trying to use busybox with linux kernel.

I have compiled busybox with static build option and my default gcc
compiler on linux kernel 3.16.7-29-desktop.

When I use intramfs with busybox in it on kernel 2.6.32, I get kernel
panic saying seg-fault in busybox
Freeing unused kernel memory: 172k freed
init[1]: segfault at ffffffffffffffe0 ip 00000000004bbca3 sp
00007ffca80ce848 error 6 in busybox[400000+240000]

Though I tested same initramfs with kernel 3.18, and it worked.

Is there any option to select the kernel version in busybox setting or
should I pick up older version busybox.

Thanks
Anshul Maheshwari