osuosl.org and Spamhaus PBL

Rich Felker dalias at libc.org
Tue Aug 4 03:07:39 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 03:16:15PM +0200, Laurent Bercot wrote:

>  (For the record, I read the headers wrong, and it's osuosl.org
> that actually performs that greylisting. My apologies to Numericable,
> for once I accused them wrongly.
>  Now to understand what that greylisting does for osuosl.org...
> if they're using PBL in the first place, and only accept SMTP
> connections from known ISP servers... oh well, some things are
> best left unexplained.)

Greylisting (at least if passing results are cached) is a lot less
hostile than outright blocking, but I share your sentiment and would
strongly prefer that this list (and in general, all mail services used
by multiple users, some of whom may not want this hostile blocking)
not use the PBL. I've even had my (non-dynamic, business class) IP
addresses blocked by it in the past and nearly had to pay ransom to
get them delisted.

Rich