prompt display when cd to dir symoblic link

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Thu Apr 2 10:10:38 UTC 2015

On 02.04.2015 11:35, Ron Yorston wrote:
> Harald Becker wrote:
> Another similar case I've encountered is with the home directory.
> The shell respects HOME in performing tilde expansion but lineedit
> doesn't have access to the shell variable so uses getpwuid when
> trying to display '~' in the prompt.

ACK

Can be fixed the same way, as my suggestion, but needs one more
parameter to read_iine_input():

... in ash.c:

read_line_input(..., lookupvar("HOME"), ...)

... and in read_line_input() this must set:

read_line_input(..., char const *homedir, ...)

home_pwd_buf = homedir ? strdup(homedir) : nullstr;

This shall fix your concern, too.

--
Harald