Question on busybox and loading firmware?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Mon Sep 22 05:58:27 UTC 2014

Was trying to get wireless firmware for IPW2200BG to load, but getting errors
on boot that it doesn't find firmware? Seems this is coming up during the
located in the /lib/firmware directory. I thought mdev -s might do something,
but didn't appear to. I did find some messages that talked about a patch to
busybox regarding firmware, but they were from 2005.

Never dealt with firmware except when a user had some bnx2x devices that
needed newer drivers than the kernels included, so I added the whole list
from the linux-firmware git, and that resolved that users request. Now had a
user ask about adding wireless support, but the ipw2200 firmware isn't in the
linux-git since intel seems to restrict it, but as enduser, I can test it.  Have
asked them, but they pointed me to a web page that points to a page that
doesn't exist?

Thanks for any help.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA     19916728.765824   |   SETI        33798185.993905
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    33623582.458899