inittab: Start shell only if console is not null

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia guille.rodriguez at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 16:18:30 UTC 2014

Just for the record, I am now working around this as follows:

console::respawn:/sbin/ifconsole /sbin/getty -L 115200 ttyS0 vt100

/sbin/ifconsole is a shell script that checks if /dev/console can be
opened; if so, the line is executed; otherwise it just sleeps forever
(to prevent the respawning).

This works, but it is a crude hack. I really believe that Harald's
suggestion would be the right thing to do here.

Guillermo

--
Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.rodriguez at gmail.com