`busyboxvi` is not working like before

Laurent Bercot ska-dietlibc at skarnet.org
Fri Oct 31 18:11:44 UTC 2014

> Why? If Denis does not have time for the project, then we cannot
> really blame him. On the other hand, if a fork could work better with
> someone standing up, why not?

  Forking a project divides resources and weakens both children. It is
a possibility for big projects with lots of resources and several leaders
with conflicting goals. But when the problem is finding a maintainer with
enough time, expertise and willingness to maintain a project, forking is
definitely not a solution - on the contrary, it would only exacerbate the
problem. You were struggling to find one person, now you must find two.

  "Someone standing up" is not enough. What will work is "someone with
time, expertise and willingness to maintain a project such as Busybox
standing up". So far I haven't seen anyone checking all three boxes better
than Denys, so don't be so quick to replace him, pretty please.

--
  Laurent