Considering porting acpi

Steven Honeyman stevenhoneyman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 12:46:36 UTC 2014

On Friday 10 October 2014 06:50:49, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> Is this likely to be interesting?

To me it would be... although I already wrote my own implementation;
if the developers don't ignore you and it gets added, it'd be 1 less
patch I'd have to use each build :)

> The code I have is currently using dirtree_read(), which corresponds to
> recursive_action().
> Basically it looks in /sys/class/*/*/, /sys/class/power_supply,
> and /sys/class/thermal for device status.
> I could make it shorter if I use glob() instead of a recursive callback;
> does anyone know whether glob() is likely to be a bloat problem?

There's a cut-down glob function you could borrow from the linux
kernel ( lib/glob.c ) if you really wanted it slim.

Off-topic slightly; Issac - am I right in thinking I've seen your name
in relation to Puppy Linux somewhere? Do you know if someone by the
name "technosaurus" is still around?

Thanks,
Steven