Writing unicode ncurses applications for busybox

Lavrentiy Ivanov ookami at mail.ru
Tue Nov 18 13:17:18 UTC 2014

It didn't do the trick fr some reason.. here is my config:

CONFIG_UNICODE_SUPPORT=y
# CONFIG_UNICODE_USING_LOCALE is not set
# CONFIG_FEATURE_CHECK_UNICODE_IN_ENV is not set
CONFIG_UNICODE_COMBINING_WCHARS=y
CONFIG_UNICODE_WIDE_WCHARS=y
# CONFIG_UNICODE_BIDI_SUPPORT is not set
# CONFIG_UNICODE_NEUTRAL_TABLE is not set
CONFIG_UNICODE_PRESERVE_BROKEN=y

I also tested with CONFIG_UNICODE_USING_LOCALE enabled with the same result.
Can it be because of bad terminal set in TERM envvar? Only linux2.2 make
TUI looks as it designed.