[Patch v1] [f2fs] add support mkfs.f2fs fsck.f2fs

Chris Ruehl chris.ruehl at gtsys.com.hk
Tue Nov 4 01:14:15 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, November 04, 2014 01:58 AM, Steven Honeyman wrote:
> On 3 November 2014 05:25, Chris Ruehl <chris.ruehl at gtsys.com.hk> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was in need to have f2fs support in busybox.
>> This patchset based on f2fs-tools commit
>> 056e4b04fc44a006d5529bafbf87b1d73296c665
>>
>> [Patch v1.1][f2fs] add build support
>> [Patch v1.2][f2fs] add libs header
>> [Patch v1.3][f2fs] add libs c-files
>>

>> Please feel free to use it.
>>
>> Chris
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> I can't give an answer for the "official" maintainers, but in case you
> noticed my unofficial testing branch and wondered why I haven't added
> your contribution:
>
> Rather than patching makefiles, there's a script that runs and adds
> new applets so that everything can be in one file together. There's
> some good documentation in docs/new-applet-HOWTO.txt which explains
> this.
> Another reason is it looks like (apologies if I'm wrong) it's some
> already written programs that don't fit with the busybox design, for
> example free() is called many times with no surrounding ifdefs; and a
> lot of functionality may be repeated from libbb, or even just the
> malloc -> xmalloc type of changes.
>

> Thanks,
> Steven

Steven,

Thank you get back to me. I pretty much appreciated your advice. I will get
to the HOWTO.

In general the 2 functions mkfs and fsck working, so fix the design issues
should be a matter of a day or two.

Yes, Im using libbb, changed already some function calls from original code.
e.g. generate_uuid();  I dig a bit further..

I'd had a quick look what the meaning of the x<functions>, and it makes sense to
me. About the ifdefs around free's I didn't get it!?

I have some time between my production and work it out.
Chris