Issues removing files with certain characters in their names.

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Wed May 28 14:19:19 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 3:17 AM, Jason Cipriani
<jason.cipriani at gmail.com> wrote:
> For what it's worth the users with this problem were unable to remove the
> files using wildcards. For example, one user had a file named:
>
>   På hjul.mkv
>
> ls P* displayed the file.
> rm P* returned the error "can't remove 'På Hjul.mkv': No such file or
> directory"

I have hard time believing this.
Wildcard expansion is done by the shell, not by ls and rm.

IOW: ls and rm see exactly the same expanded names.

Since they don't mangle the names in any way
(e.g. no UTF-8 decoding) before feeding them to system calls,
it should work.

And it does work for me with current git. I just tested it.

What version of busybox is it and what is the .config?