Issues removing files with certain characters in their names.

Jason Cipriani jason.cipriani at gmail.com
Wed May 28 00:14:34 UTC 2014

I just want to bring to attention a potential issue, described here:

http://superuser.com/questions/587778/cant-delete-file-with-foreign-letters

It seems at least two users (the original poster and also this
post<http://superuser.com/a/759520/245945>)
were unable to remove a file that contained certain foreign characters in
the filename, both using BusyBox.

In one case a user resorted to setting up a samba server then deleting the
file remotely from Windows. In the other case the discovered workaround was
to "rm -i *" and answer no to all files except the problematic one.

Not sure if this is BusyBox-specific issue, user error, or something else,
and I don't have BusyBox to test, but I thought it was significant that
both users with that problem were using it and am reporting it here in case
anybody is interested in investigating.