wget: progress doesn't work with BusyBox v1.22.1 on flash memory

Wladislav Wiebe wladislav.kw at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 11:58:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

I noticed that wget doesn't show progress bar status when downloading something.

Basically when download is already finished it's posting at the and:

This is really strange - I noticed it's 100% reproduce-able on flash memory chips:
e.g. mounting ubifs:  ubi0:flash on /some/flashdev type ubifs (rw,sync,relatime)

The same is working fine on the same board when using as download-target a ram / mtd device.
There is the progress bar really showing the sequence of download status (like: 1%,5%,10% ....)

I tested this on PowerPC and MIPS architecture - it's on both arch's reproducible.

Do you have an idea regarding this?

Thanks in advance!
Wladislav Wiebe