Ntpd config file support

Mike Dean mdean at emacinc.com
Thu Mar 20 16:28:17 UTC 2014

Harald,

I'm curious.  You mentioned earlier that code is never freed from memory.
 If you're this concerned with bloat, why don't you fix your problem of
never deallocating the init code instead of worrying about some small
feature like this?  The Linux kernel does this; that's why you see the
message about "Freeing xxKB of memory" late in the boot process.  The freed
memory is the memory that was used by the initialization code.  This trick
isn't limited to kernelspace.  You can dynamically link libraries with init
code, and you can unlink them at runtime as well.  If you really want to
reduce bloat, you can take a page from the kernel devs and free all that
init code after the binary is up and running.  If you really are concerned
with bloat, that is.

Mike Dean

mdean at emacinc.com
http://www.emacinc.com/